We (Melissa Jane, ‘we’, ‘us’) value our customers who visit our site and understand
any concerns regarding your personal information and security when you are on
We have made it a policy not to retain any credit card information associated with
your account on our site. Your card information, once processed, is not stored on
When you are on our site and log into your account, you will notice the SSL
(Secure Socket Layer), which was developed for sending private documents over
the internet. SSL uses a private key to encrypt data transferred over the SSL
connection. Most sites use this security when collecting personal information.
When you enter your personal information and credit card, this technology is used
to encrypt the information while it is transmitted to our site. This information stored
on our system is also secured behind a network firewall. Limited access is given to
While we follow industry standards to protect your personal information, no data
transmission over Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot
guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet.
Your browser may be set to ‘remember’ the information you submitted for these
fields. Although this feature is used to eliminate repetitive entry, it can create a
security risk, especially when dealing with your credit card information. Depending
on your browser, possibly under ‘tools’ or ‘options’, you can adjust the feature of
‘auto entry’ or ‘auto complete’ and select ‘off’ or ‘uncheck’ the box.
What Information We Collect
To provide a personal shopping experience each time you shop on Melissa Jane, we
may collect information you provide when you:
1) Create an online account on our site
2) Request a catalog or purchase a gift card
3) Request information about a product
4) Purchase items on our site
5) Exchange or Return a product
6) Provide product testimonial or feedback
7) Participate in our contests, referral program, or quick question surveys
8) Use promotional codes or coupons to shop on the site
1) Name, address, phone, and email
2) Billing address and credit card number, if used
3) Gift Registry information
4) Contact referrals you provide for promotional or contest entries
1) When we consider it necessary to protect our legal rights, your legal rights, or the legal rights of third parties, where it is required by law to do so.
2) Share information with third-party companies we may partner with to provide services or discounts to our customers
3) Send catalogs and special mail and email promotion announcements
4) Complete your transactions on this site and to fulfill and ship your orders
5) Answer any inquiries regarding products, orders and order history
6) Assist with your account information, accessing online forms and using site features
Our site may include links that take you to another website for third party companies offers to
our customers. These sites will have separate privacy rules, security features and data collections practices
that are different from our own. We have no control over their website functions and are not liable for their
practices or other sites that may be connected to the third party sites.
How can I control the use of my information?
We want you to take advantage of the promotions, contests or third party offers we send you,
but only if you want to receive them. Email promotions are sent to you once you have registered on
our site. If you no longer wish to receive these promotions, simply email customer service.
with ‘Opt Out’ in the subject line.
We will occasionally send out promotional mailings or catalogs to our customers. If you no longer wish to
receive these mailings, contact our office at 1-888-892-3898 and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Removing your name from our mailing list will not remove your registered account on our site.
We want our customers to have an enjoyable experience on our site. We may collect anonymous information
1) Who are customers are
2) What products may suit your needs
3) Number of visits to our site
4) Order status tracking from promotions
5) Status tracking for contests
6) Survey visiting patterns
7) Effectiveness of marketing campaigns or email promotions
Cookies are small bits of information stored on your hard drive that help the site keep track
of pages you visit, items you may have in your cart, items you have added to your wish list, etc. These cookies do not retain personal information whatsoever (name or credit card). Most browsers come preset to accept cookies. Cookies are required to shop our site and place and order.
We may use Image Tags through a third party to gather information on how our visitors use our site. The
third party company is never permitted to use any of your information for their own purposes.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as described in the Security | Privacy section of this site. We reserve the right to modify, amend or change this policy. If any section of our Security | Privacysite changes, we will notify our customers by publishing the new policy on our site with the effective date. Once effective, the new policy will apply to personal information we currently have on record, whether collected before or after the new policy effective date.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-888-892-3898 or by email at customer service.